Following a forest fire, any damage should be assessed and reported so that it can be removed or repaired as soon as possible. The following points should be observed:
Immediately notify the buildings insurer of damage to buildings
- by e-mail or by completing a form online
- by phone
- by completing a printed form
Proceed as follows when rectifying damage:
- Do not remove damaged parts of buildings, fixtures, fittings or furniture until they have been inspected by the insurance experts (unless immediate action is essential).
- Obtain an estimate for any repairs or rebuilding work necessary (buildings insurers reserve the right to procure alternative quotes).
- Together with the loss adjuster, examine possible measures to prevent future losses (if appropriate, submit a grant application to the Foundation for the Prevention of Damage to Buildings ( Stiftung zur Prävention von Gebäudeschäden / Fondation de prevention pour les dommages immobiliés).