The following specialist federal agencies with responsibility for natural hazards are responsible for the content of the Natural Hazards Portal:
- Swiss Federal Office for Civil Protection FOCP
- Federal Office of Meterology and Climatology MeteoSwiss
- Federal Office of the Environment FOEN
- Swiss Seismological Service SED
- WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF
The Natural Hazards Portal is run by the Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss.
These basic legal requirements apply to the Natural Hazards Portal.
Declaration of conformity with regard to accessibility
The Swiss Federal Government’s Natural Hazards Portal conforms to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) for accessible Internet services to level AA+ (double A plus). This standard is compatible with the P028 recommendations of the Federal Government. It guarantees effectively barrier-free website accessibility and compliance with the Swiss Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). The “Access for all” foundation has certified this website in accordance with WCAG 2.0 to conformity level AA+:
- Website: Natural Hazards Portal, www.natural-hazards.ch
- Conformity level: AA+
- Date: 12 May 2014
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/
- Testing organisation: “Access for all” foundation, http://www.access-for-all.ch/en.html
The accessibility of linked PDF documents from third parties cannot be guaranteed. PDF documents which are not accessible are only used in the Natural Hazards Portal if their content is fully accessible in the portal in identical form.
Some contrast ratios on this website do not fulfil the requirements for an accessible website. These are currently being optimised as part of the revision of the Federal Government's web guidelines and will be implemented on this website at a later date.