What action must you take when an avalanche has deposited snow in a settlement or on a road, or buried people or vehicles?
Beim Niedergang einer Lawine auf eine Siedlung oder einen Verkehrsweg oder wenn Personen oder Fahrzeuge verschüttet wurden:
- Observe where people are caught up in an avalanche or where vehicles or buildings are buried
- Assess the situation: Have any people been buried? How many?
- Raise the alarm by calling the REGA air rescue service on 1414, paramedic assistance on 144, the fire service on 118, or the police on 117
- Be aware of the danger of secondary avalanches and of collapsing buildings
- The lives of buried people are in danger. They must be rescued as quickly as possible.
- Look for signs, and listen for sounds, of buried victims. If available, use an avalanche transceiver
- Dig out buried victims
- Administer first aid, protect injured victims against hypothermia
- Follow instructions issued by the emergency services